Exercising daily is a difficult task to perform but an essential activity to keep our body healthy and free of medical problems. Exercising is quite a task for everyone and it takes courage for people to get out of the bed early in the morning for a workout session. Have you wondered what will happen to us if we almost stop working?
Like suppose our body is a machine made up of joints and bones like a mechanical machine. If we don’t work and sit all day or lie down on our bed all day, still our body aches in pain. The reason behind is, it’s a machine which is supposed to work daily otherwise its joints and other parts will get jammed and start to ache. Similarly, it is necessary for us to provide sufficient movement to all the muscles in our body.
Flexibility plays an important role in our life more than we realize. Experts say that exercising daily helps to regulate the blood flow in body more efficiently. Exercise is important in maintaining physical fitness and overall improves our health. People exercise to stay fit and healthy. Many of us think about exercising because either we look fat in front of the mirror or maybe our physician has told us to do the same.
Exercise freely, not in pressure.
It is most important to understand that if we our doing something it should be because we want it and not to prove something to the society. There are many people who join gym out of discomfort from their peers. Body shaming is also a major reason why people decide to join gym.
It is not because someone is saying bad about your appearance. But exercise should be done when you feel it within yourself. Exercise or any form of yoga activity should be performed with free will and not under any kind of pressure.
What happens if we start going gym under some pressure? This is a fact that if we do something unwillingly the outcome is negative. But you might be thinking what negative result will exercise show? Let’s understand this with an example-
meet Ram, he is a bit overweight for his age. He is treated differently in his surroundings due to his weight. Ram was mentally week after listening to people commenting about his weight so he decided to finally go to the gym. But after about 3 months of going to the gym he became frustrated and started eating unhealthy. He didn’t enjoy his workout routine, rather it was a kind of torture for him.
Here with the above example we understand how difficult it is for a person to do something in pressure. See Ram’s condition worsened day by day because he was mentally challenging himself and not enjoying his workout sessions in the gym. Had he actually enjoyed the exercises in the gym, it would have changed the way he looked and he’d have been more confident in his body. Always remember, if you are trying to workout it should be your decision and not someone else’s.
Benefits of exercising early morning.
There are a lot of benefits of exercising in morning, as it is in the evening. There are some additional benefits of morning workout to our body. We prefer exercising when we are free either in the evening or in morning. But let us know some additional benefits of doing work out first in the morning. Some of these additional factors are-
- Exercising in the morning helps us to start a fresh day by adding nature’s elements in our morning. The fresh air travels to our lungs and makes them oxygenated.
- Morning workout releases stress and give a kick start to our day. We feel energetic all day and work more efficiently.
- A 30 min workout session in the morning helps to lose weight more easily than a 1 hour long exercise in the evening.
- It helps us to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If we get up early every day, we will get more time to complete our pending tasks. Therefore, morning exercise helps to maintain a regular routine for us.
5 stretching exercises to maintain healthy posture!
- Stand up, and hold onto a wall for balance if needed.
- Grab the top of the left foot and bend your knee, bringing the foot towards the knee, knee pointing straight at the floor. You should feel a stretch right down the front in your leg.
- Squeeze your hips forward for a deeper stretch if possible.
- Hold onto this posture for 15 to 30 seconds and switch sides, repeating one to three times.
Straight hamstring stretch
- Take your left foot forward and blend the tip from the hips, keeping the back flat.
- Lower down your body until you feel a stretch in the back of your leg.
- Rest your hands on the upper thighs to give your back some support.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds and switch sides, repeating one to three times daily.
If you feel shaky or you feel pain, try using a resistance band to give you more support.
Chest and shoulder stretch.
- Sit or stand and join your hands together behind your back, keeping the arms straight.
- Lift your hands towards the ceiling, going only as high as is comfortable for you. You should feel a stretch in your shoulders and chest muscles.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds, repeating one to three times daily.
If your shoulders are a little tight or you feel heavy, try shaking your arms out to the sides like an airplane.
Upper back stretch
- Join your hands together in front of you and round your back, pressing your arms away from your body to feel a stretch in your upper back.
- Make sure you contract your abs muscles, to really get the most out of this stretch.
- Hold this pose for 15 to 30 seconds, repeating one to three times daily.
- Take your right arm straight across your chest and bend the left hand around your elbow, by gently pulling on your right arm to deepen the stretch in your shoulders.
- Try dropping the shoulder down if you’re not feeling a stretch or if it is paining.
- Hold this for 15 to 30 seconds and switch sides, repeating one to three times daily for more flexibility in the arms.