IPL: Teams and their statistics
Indian Premier League’s 13th edition started on 19th September 2020 with the match between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians. With 8 teams and 52 matches, it is going to be huge. Though cricketers have to play in a bio bubble this time without any fans cheering them, maintaining social distance, minimal human contact, no handshaking, no hugging, and etc., this is going to make a huge difference (at least this was what we thought). But this isn’t the case. With all the possible technologies one can use, IPL is gaining fandom, at its best. Playing without a crowd may feel odd to cricketers, but public with all the sound effects, it’s no different. This season is held in UAE, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Teams and their statistics
Let’s see the previous statistics of various teams:-
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): CSK had played 168 matches in total, in which they won 101 matches with a percentage of 60.12%. The opponents won 65 matches in 168 matches and 1 match was tied. In these matches, they won the toss in 92 matches. CSK didn’t play for 2 seasons. MS Dhoni has the highest percentage of wins for CSK in IPL history with a win rate of 61.35%. In 163 matches, his team won 100 matches.
- Mumbai Indians (MI): MI had played 189 matches, in which they won 108 matches out of which 2 matches were tied. The opponents won 79 matches. MI won the toss 98 times. The winning percentage is 57.14%. Lasith Malinga played 122 matches for MI, in which he took 170 wickets.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): RR played 150 matches, out of which they won 74 matches. 3 matches were tied. They won the toss 80 times in 150 matches. Their average win percentage is 49.33%. The opponent team won 69 matches. RR didn’t play for 2 seasons.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): SRH had played 110 matches in total, out of which they won 57 matches only. The opponent won 51 matches and 2 matches were tied. SRH won the toss 48 times and their win percentage is 51.82%.
- Delhi Capitals (DC): DC played 180 matches, out of which they won 77 matches only. 97 matches were won by opponents and 3 matches were tied. They won the toss for 90 matches and their winning percentage is 42.78%.
- Kings XI Punjab (KXIP): KXIP had played 178 matches, out of which they won 81 matches. The opponent teams won 94 matches against KXIP and 3 matches were tied. They won the toss for 82 matches and their winning average is 45.51.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): KKR played 183 matches, out of which they won 93 matches, only. They won the toss in 93 matches. Their winning percentage is 50.82%. The opponent team won 84 matches and 3 matches were tied. Sunil Narine played 112 matches for his team and took 123 wickets.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): RCB had played 184 matches, in which they won 84 matches with a percentage of 45.65%. They won the toss in 83 matches. The opponent team won in 93 matches and 2 matches were tied. Virat Kohli (current captain of RCB) has played for RCB only for 171 innings. He scored 5427 runs. (which is the highest runs in IPL by any player).
Individual best records
- Shikhar Dhawan has hit 527 fours in 161 matches. He currently plays for DC.
- Rashid Khan has the best economy of 6.57 in 48 matches, with 56 wickets. He currently plays for SRH.
- Chris Gayle has hit the highest sixes in the history of IPL, with 326 sixes in 125 matches.
- Chris Gayle also has the highest score in an inning of 175*. He plays for KXIP
- Suresh Raina has the best bowling strike rate in an inning of 1.50 against RR. He plays for CSK currently.
- Andre Russell has the best batting strike rate in an inning of 185.17. He plays for KKR.
- Amit Mishra has taken most hat tricks, which is 3 in 148 matches.
- MI has won the IPL title 4 times, CSK, 3 times, and KKR, 2 times.
- MS Dhoni has 138 dismissals in 187 matches as a wicketkeeper. He currently plays for CSK.
- RCB once scored 263 with 5 gone with 13.14 run rate against Pune Warriors India.
- KL Rahul has scored the fastest fifty in the history of IPL in mere 14 balls against Delhi Capitals. He currently plays for KXIP.
- David Warner has most IPL runs in the year 2019 and won the orange cap as well. He scored 692 runs. He plays for SRH.
*Stats are subjected to change with the ongoing league.