Top 5 Interesting books to read and reflect:
Books are considered to be a person’s best companion. Whenever you feel low, demotivated or worthless, a good book can do miracles. Usually, people don’t like spending a lot of time with books. In this era of technology, nobody is bound to read from an actual book. People who like reading generally prefer either kindle or Wattpad. These apps have made reading much easier. There is no need to carry a book with you all the time as your phone does the job fairly.
Do students like reading?
The answer is no, but exceptions are always there. They tend to run away from all books including the ones they must read.
But should you run away from good books? Once you start reading a book eventually, you will find yourself connected to the characters and the actual story-line of the book. As you read further, the story of the book will become your own story and you will land in a world of imagination. Books have the power to influence either in a good or bad manner. Therefore, choose your books wisely.
How to pick reading as a habit?
Is it possible to develop the habit of reading and actually reflect what you read?
Let’s know more about this.
- Set a particular time each day for reading. Pick a time in which you feel most relaxed and calm.
- Set an environment for reading. Find a quiet place and Choose a surrounding that draws you to read.
- Make a list of all the books you always wanted to read but couldn’t get a hand on.
- Keep yourself away from technology as much as possible. Switch off your smartphones, televisions and laptops. So that you can concentrate on your novel and get a deep understanding of the story
The more you read, the more you’ll be attracted to your books. And in the end, it will definitely become a part of your daily routine.
Advantages of reading a good book:
- Like your body needs some sort of exercise and yoga daily for functioning, so is the case with your mind. It is important to provide your mind with some of its own exercise. The best exercise for mind is to engage it in reading something good.
- While reading new books, you come across various new spellings and phrases. You can take some time and write those unknown spellings in a different notebook with their meanings. In this way, you can make your own small book of knowledge.
- As you go through different books, both fiction and non-fiction, you learn to differentiate between their story-lines and get a deep understanding of how well a particular character is portrayed in a story.
- Reading books not only expands your knowledge, but also moulds you into the characters so beautifully that you can see it’s perspective through yours.
- It increases your aura of creativity and compels you to think above common lands. The more you read, the more your vocabulary enhances.
Some interesting books you should read:
- “Call me by your name” by Andre Aciman
Call me by your name is written by an American-Egyptian writer, Andre Aciman. This amazing book beautifully portraits a growing relationship between two young boys. Their romantic relation teaches the real meaning of love and intimacy between two young souls. The soulful and pure feeling of loving another soul is beautifully presented in this book. This book comes with a sequel named “FIND ME”, in which these characters grow up in their own lives as individuals and face difficulties in their bond.
If you are someone who loves hopelessly, this one definitely needs a read.
Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling:
There’s not a single soul who doesn’t know about this amazing set of series.
This well-known and famous series is written by none other than British author and writer, J.K Rowling. It demonstrates the life of a young wizard with his friends. The storyline plays along with numerous adventures that deal with Harry’s life. This series has a total of 7 parts in which he deals with the upcoming catastrophes in his life. Without giving any spoilers regarding the whole story line, I must say that if you haven’t read it yet, leave this work and start reading it.
“Five Feet Apart” by Rachael Lippincott.
This bestselling New York Times novel is much hyped among everyone. This book shares the secrets of untouchable love between two cancer patients. A blooming not so fairly like this one should always be in your reading list. This book is about two cancer patients who are fighting for life in a hospital and despite being five feet away, how beautifully love gives them hope to fight back in life. An incredibly sensitive plot, but overall, this book is close to my heart.
Worth the hype.
“The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green( Spoilers Alert)
Johns Greens, the fault in our stars is again a rom-com based novel which deals with the circumstances of medically ill cancer patients. This book teaches you how to be romantic, like using your partner’s full name can be very romantic. It also gave a very inspiring romantic scene in which Augustus confesses his love to Hazel and says,
(“Hazel grace I love you”. She says, “Augustus” He says, “I love you and I am sorry but I do, I know that all our labor will turn to dust, I know no one will remember us one day”. And he tells some few universal truths and ends at,
“I know that I love you”).
Go on guys, grab this book and start reading.
“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice, a romantic novel written by Austen. This novel follows the character development of Elizabeth Bennet, the dynamic character of the book, who learns about the methods of judgments and the ideas to differentiate between artificial goodness and actual goodness. Austen gives us brave and good heroes and heroines, villains, an honest dose of comic relief, an excellent and sophisticated plot, and a lot of suspense. M Austen’s witty observations and dialogue contribute to her brilliance in developing fully formed characters, despite the polite manners throughout the entire novel.